HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Manila Times

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tagbalay
Admin
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 24
Age : 38
Location : jamindan, capiz
Humor : whaaaaaaaa
Job/hobbies : taga bantay
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Manila Times   Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Saturday, July 01, 2006


Army land for planting jathropa


The Army’s 3rd Infantry Division has given up a thousand hectares within the military zone in Camp Jamindan, Capiz, for the planting of jathropa, or kasla, currently eyed as a potential alternative source for fuel, which could soften the impact of rising fuel cost in the country.

Almost all local governments in Western Visayas and the regional development council have adopted the jathropa program to support the national government.

The area in the camp for planting kasla has been identified in a recent land survey. The product includes a nursery for seedlings that will be distributed to other LGUs for kasla production.

Presidential Adviser for Western Visayas Rafael Coscolluela welcomed the news saying there are places like Cauayan in Negros Occidental which have started the Kasla project.

He enjoined other chief executives and private landowners to identify idle public lands for kasla planting.

Coscolluela said that while military reserves and government lands are first on the list of the national government, local governments should give priority to the project.
--Ma. Ester L. Espina


http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2006/july/01/yehey/prov/20060701pro2.html

_________________
I'm watching you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jamindanganon.forumotion.com
tagbalay
Admin
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 24
Age : 38
Location : jamindan, capiz
Humor : whaaaaaaaa
Job/hobbies : taga bantay
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Manila Times   Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Monday, December 25, 2006


Soldiers register for the 2007 polls

BY Ely Suyom, Correspondent


JAMINDAN, CAPIZ: Paying heed to the call of the Armed Forces of the Philippines chief of staff, Gen. Hermogenes Esperon, soldiers of the 3rd Infantry Division, Philippine Army have registered with the Commission on Elections (Comelec) for the May 2007 polls.

The Army unit, in an e-mailed statement, said 90 percent of the 3rd Infantry Division has already registered while the remaining 10 percent are expected to register before the deadline on December 31, 2006, in the Comelec offices near their areas of assignment.

The Army spokesman, Maj. Ernesto Torres Jr., allayed fears of a political motive behind the call for soldiers to register.

“The army leadership fully understands the need for soldiers to be nonpartisan. There is nothing sinister with soldiers registering to vote in elections because this is guaranteed constitutional right of every qualified Filipino voter,” Torres said.

The Philippine Army, he added, will not engage in partisan politics.


http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2006/dec/25/yehey/prov/20061225pro6.html

_________________
I'm watching you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jamindanganon.forumotion.com
 
Manila Times
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Winging it/the Steeple Times
» An apology from the Sunday Times....
» How many times should post on Facebook in a day.
» TIMES Endorses Pam Cap for Mayor
» FATHER STABS TWO MONTH OLD BABY SEVERAL TIMES

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News & Articles :: Read and know the latest.-
Jump to: